Dec 13, 2012

  Jac Holland takes Frame #16...

Life has been good to Jac Mazereeuw, who has gone by Holland since he immigrated to Canada. "I never actually changed my last name. When I first immigrated to Canada, I started my own business in Deep River. Mazereeuw was too difficult for native-born Canadians to remember so in honour of my birth country, I used "Holland" professionally.

Jac Holland, one of three original Toronto SUN photographers, along with 36Frames participants David Cooper and Norm Betts, recalls having so much fun they never took a day off until forced to do so.

The fun and passion for his assignment work near and far kept Jac glued to the tabloid from 1971 to the mid-80's. Ironically, one of the biggest benefits of working for the Toronto SUN, a two-month sabbatical after 10 years employment, turned his thoughts elsewhere. "I was spoiled after that", Jac recalls. "I realized there was more to life than work." In 1986 he left the SUN to teach and travel the world.

"I finally retired when I had to convert to digital"...   

 Two Dutchmen fighting over the camera case with Dick Loek (left) and Jac Holland (right). "Jac wanted to expose all the frames to make sure he got one in focus"


"I finally retired when I had to convert to digital"...


No comments:

Post a Comment